Irish at Arlington

First home game of the 2022/23 season gives benefits to both players and students.

Cathedral may play home games at Arlington, but the football team practices on campus.

The first home game for the Irish is at Arlington and gives them a step up against the traveling team, La Salle. “Our guys really enjoy playing at Arlington. It is on grass and not a lot of schools have that and the guys like that,”Athletics Director Mr. Rick Streiff said.

Since there is no field on campus, Arlington was the next best and closest decision. “We started playing at Arlington in 1970. We played Chatard, so about fifty two years,” said Streiff. However, Arlington was generous to allow home games to be on their field, but there is hope for Cathedral to have an official home field. “I hope so someday, will not be on our campus but maybe Brunette Park, or Arlington,” Streiff said.

However, for home games at least for now at Arlington, the athletic season pass will allow students to get into games for free. “It makes getting into the game easier and you do not have to pay. I have about 450 kids who have gotten the pass,” said Streiff.

“I have sent several emails with the link to get the pass and you will also have to load the event link app,” Streiff said.