Both Sides of the Soccer Ball

Both boys and girls soccer teams get ready to take on the Regional round
The Lady Irish after they won sectionals on 10/7. The team defeated Perry Meridian in the Championship round 2 goals to 0.

This Wednesday and Thursday both the boys and girls soccer team go head to head against East Central for the regional semi finals. The boys game will take place at FC pride center at 6PM.

Senior player Ian Jackson said, “ I am proud of the progress our team has made throughout the season. All of us have the same goal to win our school the first boys soccer state title. With resilience and determination, I know the team can achieve this goal.”

Both teams played great on their way to a championship. The boys came out with a win on Saturday October 7 beating Southport High School 2-0, that followed up an incredible 9-0 win against Warren Central.

The boys soccer team will play Warren High School at Warren at 6PM. “This is my first year playing High School soccer and I have grown very close with my teammates and made lots of friends. Although we might not all be close outside of soccer we all treat each other like family. A word that is printed on all of our practice and game kits. We need a loud crowd on Wednesday night, so pack the stands.” Jackson. 

Also, this past Saturday, the Lady Irish gained the sectional victory dominating Lawrence Central High School 2-0 and then defeated Perry Meridian 2-0.

Senior Amya Usher and Junior Addy Wong scored the two winning goals for the sectional win. Senior and team Captain of the Lady Irish, Catherine Cline said, “I am super pumped for the regionals semi finals. This is going to be a tougher game but I think we have what it takes to pull out another win and stay in the tournament.” This week’s game is on Thursday 10/12 against East Central at 6PM at the FC Pride performance center which is home for the Lady Irish.

Senior Phoebe Wheeler said “We need our Irish family in attendance. We love the encouragement and cheers so help us bring out another win and join us on Thursday.”