Celebration of the Art

Recognizing growing artists and showing off the immense Irish talent. The Irish Spring Art show will take place April 25th-May 9th.
The Art Show is set up near the Mary wall in the Innovation Center. It combines drawing, painting, photography, graphic design, ceramics, and more. The show runs from April 25th to May 9th.

Irish Spring Art Show! An exciting and vibrant event held to showcase talented students’ art pieces filled with photographs, graphic designs, ceramics, drawing, and paintings.

Kicking off Thursday April 25 from 4:00-6:00 is the opening reception of the much anticipated Irish Art Show. Students from all classes submit art pieces that they have been working on over in Cunningham Hall all semester. The Innovation center is currently filled with art pieces ranging from ceramic bowls and animals, to oil painted landscapes. 

The Fine Arts Department has worked to plan this event to celebrate the talent and dedication of the school’s growing artists. The event will kick off on the 25th and run until May 9th. Students from all classes gave descriptions of what they decided to put in the art show and their inspiration for making it in the first place. 

Senior Anna Van Rooy stated, “My pieces in the art show are important to me and have special meaning behind them. The first one is a pencil drawing of my twin sister, Maggie, as a child. I decided to draw this because she is very important to me and drawing her helps show our relationship and it’s hopefully something she can cherish. The next piece was a pastel drawing of Chicagos skyline. Chicago is one of my favorite cities and I have so many memories there. I used a photograph I took there for reference while drawing. I love this piece because of the colorful detail and the importance it holds.” 

Senior Brayden Ward said, “I chose that piece for the art show because of the way the glazes complimented each other, it was one of the first things I made for class and I was really proud of how it turned out.” 

Senior Tess Wojtalik said “One of my favorite aspects of my painting of oranges is the shading on the cloth and how the cloth partially covers the oranges to create a more realistic look.” 

Freshman Whitley Mong stated “This art is a good example of showing whats the main focus when there can be other distractions around us. My favorite aspects about it are how cool the background looks and how it draws your attention to the main idea.”

Junior Jill Dorsey added “I made my art in the art show to show things I’m passionate about and to continue to work my skills. My favorite aspects are that the art is showcased for everyone to see rather than just the art inside Cunningham.” 

Senior Sofia Foley said “For the art show I made my Notre Dame basilica piece because when I went there for my junior retreat, it was very impactful and I didn’t want to leave.”