The Student News Site of Cathedral High School | Indianapolis, Indiana

Irish Connection

Irish Connection

Irish Connection

All Out For the Irish

The All Out Irish Day of Giving was held on April 18, which collected donations for the Cathedral community and students.

Each year, the Cathedral community hosts an All Out Irish Day of Giving, where students participate in a variety of activities to raise money for Cathedral, and where donors can choose to kindly donate to the school and its mission. This year, the event was held on April 18. As the day concluded, a total of $88,528 was raised for the Cathedral fund. 

Students can participate in donations by dressing down for $1, purchasing raffle tickets for the opportunity to pie a teacher, and using the donation link that was published on the morning of April 18.

In total, there were 1,097 donors, 211 of which were alumni, 100 current parents, 73 past parents, and 43 educators. Overall, the average donation was $80.20. Also, the alumni donations were counted in terms of a participation challenge. The Class of 1991 won with a total of 21 donors, and ‘98 raised the most money totaling $12,518. 

Throughout the day, a variety of social media posts were made to share the purpose of this day of giving and more information regarding donations. Senior Director of Philanthropy Ms. Abbe Ernstes said, “It was a great day for All Out Irish Day of Giving!  We had students and educators in Spirit Wear; we had an exciting pie throwing contest at lunch and there was vibrant energy all throughout the day.  Thank you to all of the students, educators, alumni, parents and friends who helped make it a great day!”

Students also participated in the assembly, where the intramural championship game took place, new leprechauns were announced, and the “NFF Hatchell Cup” was presented to Head Football Coach Mr. Bill Peebles and Athletics Director Mr. Rick Streiff. Students were able to engage in different activities to show their appreciation for Cathedral. 

Ernstes said, “At Cathedral, we take pride in our mission to transform the hearts and minds of our diverse student body, empowering them with the competence to see and the courage to act. Events like these are a testament to the positive impact we strive to achieve every day.”