Why I Chose Cathedral

I chose Cathedral High School for many reasons. One of them being how Cathedral High School is not just a school but a family. Cathedral has had my eyes fixated on it since I was a little girl. I have always envisioned being a part of the Irish family at the school. This is how much Cathedral has had an effect on me. I have always been welcomed by the hospitable and amazing community.

Everyone at Cathedral treats each other like brothers and sisters just like Jesus told us to do. The true embodiment of the “Golden Rule” really shows within the school environment with everyone treating everyone else with kindness and respect. The staff is amazing and caring to all. They truly care about the students and help students out as much as they can. They have unconditional love towards the students which is no secret. There is a great social atmosphere all around. This is one of the reasons I have chosen Cathedral High School for the next four years of my life.

Another reason I chose Cathedral High School is because I will do my personal best and get the best start at Cathedral High School. My academics are a huge part of who I am and help me strive to be in the future who I want to be, which is what I really care about. Cathedral has many intellectual programs for many students to choose from and I even have many programs I want to participate in. Cathedral has many new clubs and extracurriculars to choose from. I will learn many things from Cathedral to remember for the rest of my life. The learning environment will help me with my academic progress to learn a lot of new things. This is a great school choice setting me up for great colleges or universities.

This is the second reason why I have chosen Cathedral High School. My last reason I have chosen Cathedral High School is because of the diversity. There are many clubs I can join to connect with people who may go through the same things as me as a Black female. I feel very welcomed with all the new people I can meet and become friends with. Cathedral High School very much acknowledges their diversity and is one of the most diverse schools in Indiana. Cathedral embraces all the people of color who have graduated from there and their history.

The school cares about their students no matter what. Cathedral provides inclusion and equity to all who come. The school provides action against injustice no matter how big or small. Diversity is something I really care for in a school and that’s what Cathedral is about.

These reasons all sum up why I chose to spend the next four years of my life at Cathedral High School.