The Student News Site of Cathedral High School | Indianapolis, Indiana

Irish Connection

Irish Connection

Irish Connection

Sports Are Nash-ty Weeks 2 and 3

The Sports Guru is back for another impressive breakdown of the Fighting Irish’s 2-1 season.
A football diagram that only a guru can draw up. Diagrams are Nash-ty.

After the first football game I went to, I decided I needed a sabbatical in Florida. So that’s how I found myself missing the next two football games. I did try to keep updated on the football games from the beach, but, unfortunately, it detracted from the natural ambience of the waves so I turned it off after five minutes.

On the bright side, I can give an unbiased perspective of the last two games we had based on the Cathedral Football twitter. If I am wrong, it cannot be my fault since these statistics they put out are gibberish.  

The first game I missed was against the Brownsburg Bulldogs. Now, we did lose this game 31-45, but since I wasn’t there it doesn’t count. So that’s another win for the Fighting Irish. 

The second game I missed was against Penn State. Now here’s where we got our third win with Penn only scoring six points. 

Questions I have from game two:

• Since Penn only has six points does that mean they got a touchdown but missed the kick?
  • Is there a run rule in football?
  • Is it Penn State and if it is, why are we playing a college?

I want to give a shoutout to football player Luke Spencer. He is on the Megaphone staff and is one of the people who chase the ball after its kicked from the other team. He says that he has not gotten the ball yet, but I am sure he’ll get it sometime. If you are confused on Luke’s position that I don’t know the name of, reference the carefully laid out diagram I constructed for further information. 

I so look forward to going to the next football game. But, I’m not 100% sure I am going this week either. If I don’t end up making it, GO IRISH!