Sports Are Nash-ty – Week 1

This past Friday night the Cathedral Fighting Irish took on Lafayette Jefferson at Lucas Oil. Thank you for reading, that is all I know.
Ti
Junior Jalen Bonds breaking a tackle from the Lafayette attacker. Bonds had 5 carries for 54 yards.

As a senior this year, I have gone to three years worth of football games. That is a whole lot of games, and I still know nothing about football. But, I want to shine some light on this past football game I had to go to. This past Friday the Cathedral Fighting Irish played Lafayette Jefferson high school. If you missed the game, that’s okay. It really wasn’t that interesting. I did start out the game strong with keeping track of some of the cool beginning things. For example:

• Number thirty got the ball from the person and hit it to the second to last number
  • How Danny O’Neil’s  number changed to 2 apparently (this really confused me for half of the game)
  • The weirdest touchdown I have seen; someone caught it after the other quarterback missed the ball

Granted I only took three notes, but no one can really blame me because the game went by really fast in terms of touchdowns. When we got up about thirty points I gave up on taking notes because it was just touchdown, touchdown, more touchdowns. At a certain point, I felt bad for all five members in Jefferson’s student section because it was… honestly, depressing for them. Well, I wouldn’t know how they feel because that has never happened to my team.

I say this game was a good start to the season, but I’m begging for just a little bit more action in the games. Not enough to where it gets me anxious but enough to spice up the game. 

Now, I did have some help with some of my facts from the game, like the score. Football coach and Religion teacher Mr. Matthew Cannaday said, “55-14 is a great start to the season, but that’s all it is. As a program we take the season one week at a time and move on to the next opponent, which happens to be a very well-rounded and well-coached Brownsburg team this week. There were plenty of things we did well, and plenty of things we didn’t do well, so it’s up to us to correct those things and continue to buy-in to a championship mentality of excellence in all phases of the program.”

Now that we’re all caught up on the last game, let’s show up to the next one. The theme is beach and we’re playing Brownsburg High School. I am pretty sure we are close in state rankings with them, so if you don’t like the slow type of games, this won’t be one of them. It should be pretty interesting to watch. I won’t be there, but GO IRISH!