Entire Cathedral family gathers to pray the rosary

Campus minister notes the value of meeting in the WAC

Director+of+campus+ministry+Mr.+Dave+Neeson++makes+comments+to+the+gathered+student+body+during+the+praying+of+the+rosary+on+Oct.+8.+

Macy Llewellyn

Director of campus ministry Mr. Dave Neeson makes comments to the gathered student body during the praying of the rosary on Oct. 8.

One of the many traditions here on the Hill is having students and educators pray the holy rosary. During the activity period on Oct. 8, the Irish family gathered in the Welch Activity Center to do exactly that. 

Ten students from each grade are assigned a decade in the rosary, and the other students in their grade were asked to stand during their part. The four grades have 10 participants each, and the other 10 were filled with staff members. 

Campus minister Mrs. Sara Bozelli-Levine shares the importance of the Rosary and the need for the entire school to gather. She said, “A known quote here on the Hill is ‘A family that prays together, stays together.’ This relates to our family here on the Hill, as our actions reflect the core values and show our family relationship.”

This year, to make the event more memorable, lighting in the WAC was adjusted. The choir, under the direction of Mrs. Marian Bender, also performed. Students were given a personal rosary during their religion period to use during the Oct. 8 event. 

October is the month of Mary, and Mary is the school’s patron. This makes the Rosary even more important to the family tradition here on the Hill.