Senior A-splashin’

Seniors are now on high alert as this game with very high stakes has officially begun.
The official logo for the game that seniors look forward to all year. The first round began on Tuesday and players have until Sunday morning to get their target.

April 2 was the official kick off the infamous Senior Squirt! The game is organized by Senior Class President William Neale and Senior Sofia Foley. The seniors participating were asked to pay 5 dollars to join and to download the app “Splashin” to be assigned a target. There are currently 192 members of the senior class participating. 

The premise of the game is to get out your target, which is another classmate that signed up. You have five days to reach your target and if you are unable to get them, you are eliminated. But you have to do this all while avoiding the person who is targeting you because if you get caught you are also eliminated. This continues until there is one winner who wins the money. 

There has been a rule implemented about buying back into the game once you have been eliminated. Foley said, “Buybacks start at 10 dollars and the first week anyone can buy back, but after that only people who do not reach their target can buy back. If you are eliminated you are out.” Many of the eliminations can be seen on instagram. @chs24.senior.assassin

Those participating in the game have gone to great lengths to eliminate their target. This includes trying to find out their addresses, where they work, where they will be at school, camping out in their front yards, and begging their target’s best friends to help them. There has even been one story of a player bribing a target’s parent to let them into the house. All is fair in love and A-splashin’.

Actually, not all is fair. The game does come with its share of rules and for those players that have forgotten the rules or for anyone thinking about playing in the future, you must follow the rules below:

Rules

1. $5 entry fee, entries finalized March 31
    2. Rounds last 5 days and end at 8:45 a.m. on the final day
    3. squirt guns or water balloons only
    4. no eliminations on school property (including Brunette) OR during religious services, job hours, club/school sporting events, boarding or getting off Cathedral school busses; eliminations while entering or exiting these events (except Cathedral buses) is allowed
    5. no eliminations April 20 at 12 a.m. til April 21 at 2 p.m.
    6. no eliminating someone in the driver’s seat of a car, parked or not; however, people can be eliminated through drive-bys
    7. no eliminating inside someone’s house, unless you are invited to enter by a parent or family member
    8. eliminations in garages or yards are allowed
    9. eliminations during away games are not allowed, however they are allowed entering or exiting the event
    10. buy-backs are $10, only allowed for the second week (subject to change)
    11. disagreement about an elimination without resolution results in both parties being eliminated
    12. failure to eliminate a target results in elimination
    13. all decisions by game-makers are final
    14. Playing the game is an agreement to these rules; if you disagree, you can opt out at any time