Upcoming Productions: “Rookie Showcase” and “Big Fish”

The “Almost Maine” production comes to a close and many are wondering what’s next for the CaTheater.
The “Rookie Showcase” and the “Big Fish”information sheet, detailing the time and location for auditions.

The “Almost Maine” Production was the highlight of many students’ weekends November 17-19 including those who attended and those who ran the stage. Director Jordan Fox says, “I am ecstatic about how Almost Maine turned out. The cast, crew, and creative team knocked it out of the park with this one. It was an absolutely breathtaking production and everyone involved should be tremendously proud!” Though “Almost Maine” has ended, many are wondering what production will come next and when.

Papers have already been posted around the school detailing not one, but two upcoming productions. The first will be “Rookie Showcase” and the second will be “Big Fish”.

Rookie Showcase auditions are going to be held on December 13, so if you have any interest in participating be sure to be there. The casting and the production itself will be led by student directors who will act the Rookie parts, as it is a one-act play. The other parts can be auditioned by anyone else in the school. The production only has a 15-20-person cast, but Mrs. Fox says there is always room for more. 

The spring production, “Big Fish”, has its auditions on December 11 with quick callbacks on the 14th. The overall background of the story revolves around a son who is trying to convince his sick dad to reveal to him the real story of his life. Events he has told his son include, meeting a witch, a mermaid, and even a giant. However, his son knows there’s more, so before his father dies he wants to know the true and real story of his life which he has hidden.

Mrs. Fox says, “It’s about their relationship before he passed away. There is a lot of going back in time and back to the present day, so we can all see the stories come to life.”

If you enjoyed watching “Almost Maine”, and want to be involved in “Rookie Showcase” or “Big Fish” make sure to attend those auditions and be ready to walk into a world of theater. If you need any more information about the time the auditions will be held make sure to look at the posters posted around the school and contact Mrs. Fox with any questions.