“Almost Maine” is Almost Here

Join CaTheatre on the Hill for the production of “Almost Maine” on Nov 17, 18 and 19.
“Almost Maine,” a show with 18 characters is unlike any other production. Director Mrs. Fox is looking forward to this “dramatic and serious romantic comedy.”

It’s that time!

Another CaTheatre production is in the works here on the Hill. Theater Director Mrs. Jordan Fox announced this production will be “Almost Maine,” and is set to take place on Nov 17, 18 and 19. Fox sent the cast list to staff on October 12. This production is unlike previous, as there are no main roles, but rather each character has their own “moment” as a couple. 

“Almost Maine” is a show with nine different couples showing different parts of their relationships in five to ten minute scenes. These scenes represent different aspects of their relationship, such as breakup, divorce, marriage and more. Fox described this as a way for “18 people to have their own moment.” 

Fox was encouraged to do this play due to her personal experience seeing it a few years ago. She said, “This has always been on my shortlist to do after seeing what talented actors we had last year. I knew that we had the right amount of people in the right combination of couples to make this successful.”

She described “Almost Maine” as a “dramatic and serious romantic comedy.” Previous productions have tended to be just comedies, therefore Fox is looking forward to the change and response to this different production. She encourages students, staff, and community members to come out to watch even if they are not used to this different type of production. 

Likewise, preparation for the cast members will look different for this production. Instead of a group rehearsal frequently, couples will meet with Mrs. Fox for 45 minutes each week to discuss progress and planning. From there, they are to rehearse on their own time to prepare their story. 

Fox encourages all to show out and enjoy this production. She also encourages students interested in theater production to attend Rookie Showcase, a no cut show which will take place in January. She said, “Our fall plays have tended to be more on the spoof or highly comedic and this is more a drama or serious romantic comedy. The actors are definitely going to have to dig a little deeper into character analysis and relationships.”

The character and the student cast in the role as sent out by Mrs. Jordan Fox