The Student News Site of Cathedral High School | Indianapolis, Indiana

Irish Connection

Irish Connection

Irish Connection

Beware of the Bear pt.2

How our favorite teddy bear is preparing for the biggest game of the year.
Photo evidence of Prediction Bear scouting the Roncalli turf. It is important to take into account all factors before making these predictions.

Since the rediscovery of the Bear a month ago, the Bear has stepped it up on the predictions. The Bear has gone 5-2 so far this year, and has two big predictions coming up these next couple weeks with Roncalli and Center Grove. Now that everyone has been introduced, it’s time to find out how this fuzz ball creates “Accurate” predictions for each Cathedral Football game.

In the depths of Loretto Hall, the Bear sits for hours on end researching each game. “It’s always great to see the Bear preparing as much as we do as coaches.” Defensive coordinator Adam Barth said, “It’s important to get a knowledgeable assessment of our opponents to make the best predictions possible.” Evidence has been found of the Bear watching hours of film in preparation for the upcoming Roncalli game. 

I had the opportunity to sit down and talk with the Bear this week before making the Roncalli predictions, and asked about what might be going onto that paper. Prediction Bear said “Cathedral 28, LaSalle 20.” that information was a little outdated at this point.

In addition the Bear was recently spotted on Roncalli’s turf just days ago scouting the team. An anonymous Roncalli football player told me, “We spotted the Bear up in the stands during Monday’s practice. It’s a bit creepy, but is this really the way Cathedral is trying to win?”

All this begs the question, why is this game so important for the Bear and Cathedral? The long standing rivalry between Cathedral and Roncalli was recently put on pause for the past 5 years, and Cathedral has not played on Roncalli turf in over a decade. In addition, Cathedral has won the past 12 games between the two teams, not having lost since 2006. I was one year old.

Mr. Matt Cannaday, Roncalli graduate, gave some more insight on this game saying, “These students aren’t ready for Friday night. Everyone need to be at this game, if you don’t come you’re a DORK.” he then challenged the Bear’s insight predicting, “I mean I think that we are going to win by a million points.”

Whether it be predictions, fries or football, Cathedral needs to be the best in every matter. Be sure to walk by Dr. Bridges’ office this Friday to witness a legendary prediction. And of course… BEWARE OF THE BEAR!