J-Term returns to the Hill

Mark Matthews and other staff members are continuing to plan J-Term, with the signup link recently sent to students.

Mr. Matthews smiles for a picture in front of the Golden Dome at Notre Dame.

J-Term is quickly approaching and students received a Google Form signup last week. They were asked to complete this with their designated interests for classes.

J-Term will occur through Jan 4 to Jan 13, being shorter than the previous year as a result of the calendar year. Vice Principal for Academic Affairs Mr. Mark Matthews is excited to see the results of this J-Term, and is specifically looking forward to the opportunities that students have to travel. Some students will be traveling to Italy, HBCU Colleges, New York, Florida and others.

Matthews said, “Our academic team discusses any new proposed J-Term courses or trips and we decide possibilities.” He believes that J-Term is a great opportunity for students to explore new opportunities and find new interests outside of their regular classes. He hopes students are “open to new learning experiences”, especially freshmen. He hopes that they are able to enjoy their required J-Term class and “approach (it) with an open mind”. Students also are able to enjoy these opportunities without the pressures of grades and other aspects.

Early in September, Matthews and other Academic team members discussed possibilities for class options for J-Term. Students and others are able to reference the “J-Term” section of the school website for more information regarding available courses.

Matthews and others are looking forward to this opportunity to explore new experiences. He said, “There are so many different options for students to choose from!”