ComedySportz team prepares for season

First competition scheduled for Feb. 2

Max Eslava

Seniors Lillian Moffatt and Ethan Gogel participate in one of last year’s ComedySportz High School League events.

The school’s ComedySportz High School League team has been selected, and its members are preparing now for their competition in February.

Three new members have been added to the pre-existing team, including sophomore Ashley Lay, junior Sammy Kacius and junior Mary-Benning Cannon, who round out the 10-member group.

This year there were no freshman inductees. They were chosen by the returning team members, including senior and captain Lillian Moffatt, who has been on the team her entire high school career, being selected as a freshman. “I did not expect to make it. I was really nervous. Being on the team has been a great decision because I have actually learned some life lessons,” Moffatt said.

“Our new talent is incredible, and we have been working very hard this season,” Moffatt said.The ComedySportz team meets every Friday after school from 3:15 to around 4:45. Moffatt does a lot for the team along with junior and co-captain JJ Lay. Next year, he will serve as the senior captain and a junior will be selected.

The first competition is scheduled for Feb. 2 at 7 p.m. in an Indianapolis school that has not yet been determined.

Moffatt said, “I’m so excited for the coming season. I can’t wait to do some improv.”