Irish Megaphone UNhacked

Cathedral buys back URL to ensure the publishing of fake stories comes to an end.
Irish Connection has officially gained back the fake Irishmegaphone.com

Following up on a recent story that Caroline Schilling reported, the old Irish Megaphone site had been hacked by an anonymous person online. This had been going on since early January, and possibly even before that, while the school decided how to handle it. 

After many people had reached out to administration multiple times, had contacted students, and the story of the hacking had even been brought to FOX59, it briefly came to a halt for a couple of days. Shortly after, however, stories began being posted on this website once again. 

The technology team worked tirelessly to find a way to stop this for good. Cathedral had officially settled on a price to buy back the URL and as of Thursday February 9, the site is officially down.

Director of Marketing, Mrs. Grace Trahan-Roecap  said, “Director of Technology Jim Wilkinson reached out to GoDaddy, an internet domain registry. Through GoDaddy, Mr. Wilkinson tracked down the person who purchased the website. Mr. Wilkinson negotiated a deal to buy back the URL. Once a price was agreed upon, the funds were secured through a broker. With the help of the broker, we were able to purchase the URL.”

Cathedral has been blessed with such a hardworking technology team that was able to achieve what needed to be done. Because of it being such an unusual situation it is important that the team found the best way to navigate this situation before it got out of hand.