Giving Thanks

As Thanksgiving approaches, the question, “What are you thankful for?” is at the forefront of many peoples’ minds. The following are answers from educators and students on the Hill.

Senior Sarah Lowe said, “I am thankful for my parents because they are always there to help me through anything I am going through.”

Religion teacher Mrs. Katie Lewis said, “I’m thankful for long nature walks and the ability to get out in nature and enjoy it.”

Senior Monica DeSanto said, “I’m thankful for my family because everyday when I drive home, I always see them and they greet me and ask me how my day was.”

Spanish teacher Sra. Karen Hovanec said, “I’m thankful for Taylor Swift and the ability to custom make playlists on Spotify. I’m also thankful for Apple Classroom.”

Junior Regina Jones said, “I’m thankful for my Debutante experience because I received many mentors from it, and I was able to form many connections and serve my community.”

Senior Anne Crabtree said, “I am thankful for my friends because they always support me through everything.”

Freshman Grant DeFrantz said, “I’m thankful for my siblings, for the preservation of the planet and for people who have manners.”

English teacher Ms. Irene Wilson said, “I’m really thankful for my sister and best friend Brigid who will be having her baby in the next two weeks.”

Senior Sophia Lenceski said, “I’m really thankful for my family and the ability to get together over the holidays.”

Freshman Oliver Berle said, “I’m thankful for my family and the love and support they give me.”

Junior Emily Pohl said, “I’m thankful for all the opportunities that my school and my parents have given me this year.”

Junior Willo McClain said, “I’m thankful for my life, God, my parents and family.”

Religion teacher Mr. Nick Jamell ‘14 said, “I’m thankful that Rory is at the age now where we can play and wrestle around more.”

School Nurse Mrs. Marianne Vogt ‘86 said, “I’m thankful for my family.”

Junior Erika Gibson said, “I’m thankful for office hours and the upcoming Thanksgiving break.”

Girls Basketball Coach Mrs. Lisa Finn said, “It’s cliche, but I’m thankful for my family and that they’re all healthy.”

Religion teacher Mr. Matthew Cannaday said, “I’m thankful that I don’t have to live in fear.”

Academic Administrative Assistant Mrs. Megan Schmidt said, “I’m thankful for our Cathedral family, our staff and our students. I’m really looking forward to my son coming home and the Cathedral family that will be back next week as they are home for Thanksgiving. I’m thankful for the senior class—they’re thriving in the midst of a really hectic month.”

Senior Nathan Gillihan said, “I’m thankful for my well being.”

Math teacher Ms. Mary Ann White ‘11 said, “I’m thankful for my family.”

Assistant to Campus Ministry Mrs. Melissa Crowley said, “I’m thankful for my healthy family and for being at Cathedral. I’m thankful for being on all of the retreats for all the grades this year and seeing God at every one of them.”

Librarian Mrs. Krista Bohannon said, “I’m thankful for the students at Cathedral.”

Senior Berhanu Dantzler said, “I’m thankful for my education here at Cathedral.”

Substitute teacher Mr. Daniel Goggans said, “I’m thankful for the people in my life: family, friends and people at Cathedral.”

Senior Quinn Gianoli said, “I’m thankful for Cathedral media and for being healthy.”

So, what are you thankful for? Leave a comment down below.