The Final Weeks of the School Year

What is coming up as students on the Hill approach their last days.
This is a schedule of the underclassmen finals. The dismissal times of finals week are varied, so make sure you are aware and checking your email! Mr. Cannaday says, “Good luck on all your finals, students.”

Everyone at Cathedral has had a long year and accomplished many great things. As the school year comes to a close, there are many events, exams, finals, and more. It can be difficult and stressful to navigate this busy time, but it will be worth it when summer break comes around!

Here is what students and educators need to know about the last few weeks of the semester.

As many students already know, AP exams have started this week. The first tests started on May 6th and included Government, Art History, and Chemistry. It is important for students to check their emails to ensure that they are arriving on time for the test at the right location.

For example, many students taking the AP Government test were located at Brunette Park. Junior Ella Zink participated in this exam and said, “Brunette was a nice place to test at.” The tests also vary on time, as the Government test was at 8:00am and the Art History and Chemistry exams were at 12:00pm.

On May 7th, the Human Geography, Microeconomics, Seminar, and Statistics AP tests take place. The majority of the students taking these tests will be at Brunette Park, but testers should check their email to confirm. Other testing sites include rooms 2314 and 3203A, the Athletic Conference Room, the Band Room, the Counseling Office, Loretto, the Mimms, and Technology Support.

On Wednesday, May 8th, the English Literature and Composition, Comparative Government, and Computer Science exams will be held. Most testers taking these exams will be in the Mimms or at Brunette Park.

Looking towards the end of the week, May 9th AP tests include Environmental Science and Psychology, and May 10th will have European History, United States History, and Macroeconomics.

Sophomore Stella Caress is taking the AP United States History test on Friday and says, “I am looking forward to getting the test over with.” Many seniors also certainly feel like this. As for finals, senior finals will take place from the 13th through the 16th. Good luck, seniors!

For AP tests and finals, don’t be nervous. Practicing past tests and questions to familiarize yourself with the AP style is very helpful. Many teachers such as Mrs. Bradshaw, Mr. Panzer, and others can assist you in best preparing for the test. Getting enough sleep and eating well are also important in setting yourself up for success. Remembering to manage your time during the exam and staying calm under pressure will help you focus on the questions. With all of this combined, AP tests and finals should go smoothly. Best of luck the next few weeks, Irish!