The Student News Site of Cathedral High School | Indianapolis, Indiana

Irish Connection

Irish Connection

Irish Connection

Show Choir Performance

The Show Choir performed in Nashville this past weekend for the Nationals
Awards won at Nationals by Adrenaline Rush and Irish Rush. The Show Choir team won best vocals, best visuals, first runner up in Concert Choir division and 4th place in large Univoice Division. “It’s been great seeing them grow,” said Mrs. Bender

Cathedral has two show choir teams. One of the teams, Irish Adrenaline, was undefeated in the regular season. This allowed both of their teams to go to Nashville, TN, this past weekend, to compete in Nationals. They competed in back-to-back competitions on Saturday, March 9th.

The team, or what they like to call, “family”, had a great time in Nashville for three days. For two days, they participated in fun activities outside of Saturday’s competition. Senior and member of the Irish Adrenaline, Lauren Goodman, said, “It was really fun being able to hang out with friends.” On the day of the  competition, they put on great performances as a team and won awards! Goodman also expressed how entertaining and enjoyable it was to watch the other schools’ performances.

There were about ten schools who competed against the Cathedral teams in Nationals. Cathedral’s Adrenaline Rush, a mixed show choir, won the Grand Champion with best vocals and best visuals. The Irish Adrenaline placed fourth in the Univoice division. Singers also won first runner up in the Concert Choir division. 

During the competition they performed two sets, “Girls Night Out” and “The Labor of Love.” One of Mrs. Bender, the head of the team of seven years, and the team’s favorites from the first set was the ballad Dancing Queens by Abba. Their favorite songs in the second set were The Room Where it Happens from Hamilton and the mashup of Don’t Blame Me and Look What You Made Me Do, from Taylor Swift. The Adrenaline Rush team set up a life size Clue board game in their second set. Their Clue performance included singing, dancing and acting. The performance is set up that the audience actually has to play along and question and try to guess who the murderer was in the Clue performance.

As the Show Choir family ended off their fantastic season in a very victorious conclusion, Mrs. Bender said, “It’s been great seeing them grow and transform from the beginning of the year to now and watching them perform with passion.”