Athletics schedule: Week of May 6

Events include City baseball championship game

Caroline Buhner

The varsity baseball team defeated Herron in the City tournament and will play for the tourney championship May 10 at Victory Field.

It will be a busy week for Irish athletic teams starting May 6. Athletics Director Mr. Rick Streiff has released the schedule for the week, and major home events are listed. Go to the athletics website for the complete schedule.

May 6: The men’s JV golf team hosts Park Tudor at Maple Creek at 4:15 p.m. The women’s JV and varsity  tennis teams play Center Grove on the school tennis courts at 5 p.m. The JV softball team welcomes Roncalli to campus for a 5:30 p.m. game. Both the freshman and JV men’s volleyball teams play on campus at 6 p.m. The women’s Gold lacrosse team plays Bishop Chatard on the football field at 6:30 p.m. It’s Senior Night for the men’s varsity volleyball team, as it plays in the Welch Activity Center at 7:30 p.m.

May 7: Hosting New Castle at Brunette Park is the Blue baseball team at 5:30 p.m. The women’s Blue lacrosse team plays Zionsville on the football field at 6 p.m. The women’s varsity lacrosse team will follow at 7:30 p.m. against Zionsville.

May 8: The varsity softball team will host Kokomo at 5:45 p.m. at Brunette Park.

May 9: The women’s freshman tennis team will host Zionsville on the tennis courts at 4:30 p.m. At 5:30 p.m the Gold baseball team will play New Palestine at Brunette Park. The varsity softball team will play Ben Davis at 5:30 p.m. at Brunette Park during Teacher Appreciation Night. On the football field at 6 p.m., the women’s Blue lacrosse team will play Noblesville.

May 10: The varsity softball team hosts Zionsville at Brunette Park at 5:30 p.m. The Gold baseball team plays West Lafayette Harrison at 5:30 p.m. at Brunette Park. For the City championship, the varsity baseball team will compete against Covenant Christian at Victory Field Downtown.

May 11: The men’s varsity volleyball team will host the Regional in the Welch Activity Center. The time and opponent have yet to be announced. The women’s Gold lacrosse team plays Crown Point at Roncalli. The Blue baseball team hosts a doubleheader against West Lafayette Harrison at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at Brunette Park. The women’s Blue lacrosse team plays in an Invitational at 1 p.m. against Culver Military Academy at Brebeuf Jesuit.