Athletics schedule: Week of April 22

Every spring team in action

Cathedran file photo

The men’s lacrosse team, in action last season, hosts Archbisop Hoban at 1 p.m. on April 27.

It will be a busy week for Irish athletic teams starting April 22. Athletics Director Mr. Rick Streiff has released the schedule for the week, and major home events are listed. Go to the athletics website for the complete schedule.

April 22: The men’s golf team hosts Heritage Christian and Triton Central at Maple Creek at 4:15. Head Coach Mr. Mark Noe’s top-ranked women’s tennis team welcomes University to the Cathedral courts at 4:30. The softball team welcomes Columbus East to Brunette Park for a 5:30 p.m. game. The men’s volleyball team takes on the other high school team from Columbus, when the Irish welcome North High School to the Welch Activity Center, with the JV match at 6 and the varsity following at 7:30 p.m.

April 23: While there are numerous athletic contests today, there is only one at home, with the women’s Blue lacrosse team playing Avon at 7 p.m. on the practice football field on campus.

April 24: The women’s JV and varsity tennis teams play Brebeuf Jesuit at 4:30 on the Cathedral courts. Baseball Gold team plays Ben Davis at 5:30 at Brunette Park, with the JV softball team welcoming Lawrence North at 5:30 p.m. at the softball facility on campus.

April 25: The men’s volleyball team hosts Center Grove at 6:30 p.m. in the WAC.

April 26: The men’s JV lacrosse team welcomes Zionsville at 5:30 p.m., with the varsity following at 7.

April 27: The men’s volleyball team gets an early start on its Saturday when it welcomes Brownsburg to the WAC at 9 a.m. The first round of the City varsity softball tournament begins at 10 a.m. at Brunette Park. The men’s lacrosse team hosts Archbishop Hoban at 1 p.m. The baseball Blue team plays Franklin Community in a doubleheader, with the first pitch at 2 p.m. at Brunette Park.