Athletic Schedule: Week of Sept. 24

Homecoming, City tourney games on tap

Joey Bell

The varsity football team plays its Homecoming game at 7 p.m. on Sept. 28 at Arsenal Tech.

Athletics Director Mr. Rick Streiff has released the athletic schedule for the week of Sept. 24, Homecoming Week. Some of the key events are listed, with the complete schedule available on the athletics website.

Sept. 24: The men’s JV tennis team hosts Westfield at 5 p.m. on the tennis courts. Freshman football plays Eastern Hancock on campus at 5:30 p.m. The men’s varsity soccer team plays Covenant Christian in the City tournament at Bishop Chatard at 5 p.m., while the varsity women’s soccer team plays Covenant Christian in the City tourney at Heritage Christian.

Sept. 25: The men’s soccer C team plays against Lawrence North at Lawrence Park at 5 p.m.

Sept. 26: The women’s soccer City tournament will be played, with time, location and opponent to be determined. Women’s JV volleyball team hosts Westfield at 6 p.m. in the Welch Activity Center, with the varsity team to follow at 7 p.m.

Sept. 27: The men’s soccer C team plays Center Grove at Lawrence Park at 5 p.m.

Sept. 28: The varsity football team plays Ryle at Arsenal Tech at 7:30 p.m. for the Homecoming game. Booster and student passes are good for admission to the game, but other pregame tickets must be bought using the TIKATAP app for $5.50. Tickets will be available at the gate for $8.

Sept. 29: The freshman football team welcomesLafayette Jefferson at 10 a.m. on the football field on campus. The women’s JV volleyball team hosts West Lafayette Harrison, Logansport and Mooresville for Invitational matches starting at 10 a.m. in the Welch Activity Center.