The Roaring 20’s

The spring season includes Spring Break, the Irish 500, and even an E-Day for the eclipse, but no other event may be as important as Prom.
+Students+received+an+email+from+Mrs.+Meg+Ahnert+which+included+information+about+prom.+Students+are+invited+to+Crane+Bay+on+April+20.+
Students received an email from Mrs. Meg Ahnert which included information about prom. Students are invited to Crane Bay on April 20.

It’s that time of year, prom is quickly approaching as the school year begins to wind down. Each year, junior class officers and the prom committee work together in the planning process for the event. This year, the juniors chose the theme of “The Roaring 20’s at prom.” 

Junior Class Moderators Mrs. Meg Ahnert and Mr. Vinny Corsaro ‘14 has been working with the junior class in preparation. This year, prom will take place on April 20 from 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m., at the Crane Bay Event Center. Juniors and seniors received an email from Mrs. Ahnert including more details about the event.

To attend, students must purchase a $70 ticket which includes dinner, dessert and parking. Tickets can be purchased at www.gocathedral.com/prom and must be purchased by 11:59 p.m. on April 10. In her email, Ahnert wrote, “The most creative junior and senior promposals will receive free tickets to prom.”

Seniors and juniors set up an Instagram page to show off the amazing promposals and giving the winner of each class a pair of free prom tickets.

These promposals are to be sent to the Instagram: @chspromposal2024. If a student is planning to attend with another student from an outside school, a completed guest form must be turned in. 

Corsaro said, “Prom is an integral part of the high school experience. It is good to dress up fancy and take pictures with your friends, and then be able to essentially celebrate the school year together. It is a nice way to send the year off as an entire school.”

Each year, the location is switched between Crane Bay and the Children’s Museum. The purpose of this change is to provide different experiences and fit the event to different needs each year. 

All juniors and seniors are invited to join fellow classmates for prom 2024. Students with any questions may contact Mrs. Ahnert or Mr. Corsaro.