Open House is Tomorrow

Students and staff have worked hard in preparation of Open House, a yearly tradition filled with great opportunities.
Yard signs are displayed all over campus, but were also given to any employees and families that wanted to display them in front of their homes. Word of mouth is usually the best way to relay information about private school events.

It’s that time of year! Join us this Thursday, Oct 5 at 4:45 p.m. for Open House. To start the evening, registration will begin at 4:45 p.m., followed by Mass at 5 p.m. and Open House activities at 5 p.m. 

The admissions department, teachers, students, National Honor Society members and more have worked tirelessly in the planning and execution of this year’s event. Interested 6th, 7th, and 8th graders and their families are invited to the Hill to indulge in tours, activities, and a lot of learning.

Associate Director of Admissions, Mrs. Elizabeth Wissler anticipates this year’s event and the opportunity to meet prospective families. She said, “I love to be able to see energy, excitement and smiles from all. At the end of the night, I feel incredibly proud as an institution and what we stand for.”  

Families can expect in depth campus tours provided by current students, in class activities and demonstrations, club and sports booths and more. These are all presented by staff and students. 

Wissler experienced Open House firsthand before joining the Cathedral staff. In 2005, she was able to bring her own family to Open House and share the gift of Cathedral with them. She said, “I love seeing the whole school staff and students work together to show off something that they are incredibly proud of.” 

Wissler believes this opportunity is the perfect example of life on the Hill, as it provides  a suitable  representation of student life and possibilities while at Cathedral. Students are able to share their school and the experiences which they encounter. 

Open House has a long history, as it has occurred for “as long as I can remember”, said Wissler. Since her welcoming to Cathedral, Open House has occurred every year. However, during Covid, Open House was required to be virtual. Following this virtual experience, came the opening of the Innovation Center in 2021. This addition to our campus provided our campus and students with new opportunities. 

For students to be able to experience campus life and student life all in one night is “truly a gift, as is our gift of Cathedral,” according to Wissler. She encourages interested families to make their way up the Hill to experience what Cathedral has to offer firsthand.