State football tickets on sale to students Nov. 27

Availability depends on sales to cheerleader, player families

Grace Straley

The Fighting Irish will play Zionsville on Nov. 28 for the Class 5A State championship.

Tickets for the Class 5A football State championship game will be on sale to students on Friday, Nov. 27, but only if tickets remain after sales to football and cheerleader families.

Athletics Director Mr. Rick Streiff has announced details, noting that the crowd for the Nov. 28 game at Lucas Oil Stadium will be restricted due to Covid-19 protocols mandated by the Marion County Health Department.

On Nov. 24 and Nov. 26, tickets are being sold to cheerleader and football families, so only if tickets remain from those two days will they be available to students on Nov. 27 between noon and 4 p.m. at Door 2, which is the west entrance to the Welch Activity Center.

Tickets are $15 each (cash or checks) and are good only for the Cathedral-Zionsville game at 7 p.m. on Nov. 28. Tickets must be be purchased in two-, four- or six-seat pods. Buyers will also be required to provide contact information for themselves and their group in case Covid-19 tracing takes place after the game.

Streiff said updated information will be posted on the Cathedral High School website regarding the availability of tickets on Nov. 27.