Ski Club plans Feb. 14 trip to Perfect North

Bus will leave after school from the traffic circle

Liam Eifert

Ski Club members hit the slopes during one of their trips earlier this season.

The Ski Club, as it does every Friday in January and and most Fridays in February, is headed to Perfect North slopes on Feb. 14, with the bus leaving school after school. 

Chief Operating Officer Mr. Rolly Landeros, who serves as the club’s moderator, said up to 45 students can take part in each trip to Perfect North. Students may sign up for and pay $5 for the bus ride to the venue, which is located in Lawrenceburg. Students then pay for their own expenses at Perfect North, which include a lift ticket and ski/snowboard rentals. If you intend on buying food from the cafe located inside the lodge, then you would also need to bring money. 

Landeros said the last Friday of February is the date set for the club’s annual trip to Boyne Highlands Resort in Michigan.

Landeros said often the number of students participating each week is fewer than 45, and that results in only one bus being needed for transportation. “If we ever have more than 45 kids, I would love to take as many kids that would love to go,” Landeros said.

At Perfect North, students will ski for four hours before boarding the bus to return to school, with the arrival around 10:30 p.m., where you will need to arrange for someone to pick you up.