Athletics schedule: Week of April 29

Softball team to play for City title

Cathedran file photo

During the opening round of the City softball tournament on April 27, the Shortridge runner beats the throw to junior Grace Lorsung. The Irish would go on to win 12-0.

It will be a busy week for Irish athletic teams starting April 29. Athletics Director Mr. Rick Streiff has released the schedule for the week, and major home events are listed. Go to the athletics website for the complete schedule.

April 29: The men’s JV golf team hosts Perry Meridian at Maple Creek at 3:45 p.m. The freshman tennis team plays Guerin Catholic on the school tennis courts at 5 p.m. The softball team welcomes Roncalli to campus for a 5:30 p.m. game. The baseball Blue team hosts Lawrence North at Brunette Park at 5:30 p.m.

April 30: The JV golf team hosts a triangular match with Hamilton Southeastern and Lawrence Centreal at Old Oakland Golf Course at 3:45 p.m, while the varsity team plays the same schools at Ironwood Golf Course at 5 p.m. Both the men’s JV and varsity volleyball teams play a tournament at 5:30 in the Welch Activity Center. The JV lacrosse team plays Guerin on the football field at 5:30 p.m. Hosting New Palestine at Brunette Park is the varsity softball team at 5:30 p.m. The Blue baseball team will play Noblesville at Brunette at 5:30 p.m. Finally, the men’s lacrosse team will play Guerin Catholic on the football field at 7 p.m.

May 1: The varsity baseball team will host a City tournament game at Brunette Park at 5:30. Their opponent is to be determined. The men’s lacrosse C team plays Hamilton Southeastern on campus at 7 p.m.

May 2: During the school day starting at 9 a.m., the men’s varsity golf team will participate in the City tournament at South Grove Golf Course. The freshman tennis team will host Carmel on the tennis courts at 5 p.m. At 5:30 p.m in the Welch Activity Center, the men’s volleyball team will play in a tournament. The JV softball team will take on Beech Grove on campus at 5:30 p.m. On the football field at 7:30 p.m., the men’s JV lacrosse team will play Heritage Christian.

May 3: While there are no home games, the varsity softball team will play the sound round of the City tournament at Brookside Park. The men’s and women’s track and field team will be compete in an invitational at Pike.

May 4: While many teams will be in action for invitationals and the City tournament, the only home event is the baseball Gold team, which hosts Zionsville at 10 a.m. at Brunette Park.