Athletics schedule: Week of March 18

Track teams head to IU for indoor meet

Caroline Steiger

The men’s track team, in action at last year’s Regional, will travel to Bloomington for an indoor meet at Indiana University on March 23.

Athletics Director Mr. Rick Streiff has released the athletic schedule for the week of March 18. Some of the key events are listed, with the complete schedule available on the athletics website.

March 18: The softball team hosts Tipton at 5:30 at Brunette Park in its first regular season game. 

March 19: The women’s Gold lacrosse team plays West Lafayette Harrison to campus at 6 p.m., with the varsity team to follow at 7:30 p.m.

March 20: The JV softball team hosts Bishop Chatard on the turf field on campus at 5:30 p.m.

March 21: At 5:30 p.m., the men’s freshman volleyball team hosts Fishers at home, with the JV team to play in the Welch Activity Center at 6:30 p.m.and the varsity to follow at 7:30 p.m. The women’s Blue lacrosse team hosts Brebeuf Jesuit at 6 p.m., with the varsity to follow at 7:30 p.m.

March 22: The JV softball team welcomes Carmel to campus at 5:30 p.m. 

March 23: The men’s freshman volleyball team hosts a tournament at 9 a.m. on campus. The men’s JV lacrosse team plays Westfield at 11:30 a.m. on the football field, and the varsity will follow at 1 p.m. The men and women’s track team participates in a meet at 10 a.m. at the indoor track at Indiana University in Bloomington.