School to host Notre Dame information session

Program to take place Sept. 9 in the SLC

As the only Holy Cross high school in Indiana, it is only fitting that Cathedral should share a special connection with one of the premier Catholic universities in the both the state and nation and that also happens to share our school colors and mascot: The University of Notre Dame.

In fact, when the school was first opened, it was originally staffed by the Brothers of Holy Cross from Notre Dame. Year in and year out, Cathedral sends graduated seniors up noth to South Bend to continue their faith journey and education alike.

With this in mind, Cathedral will host a Notre Dame information night, called ND on the Road, in the Shiel Student Life Center on Sept. 9 at 6 p.m. As the Senior Class heads into the season of standardized testing and college applications, this session provides an opportunity to learn more Notre Dame. This night is not only open to seniors, however; juniors and even sophomores who have begun to think about this next chapter of their lives are encouraged to attend as well.

The evening will be led by Mr. Chris Perkins, the associate director in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Notre Dame, who will lead discussions on the academic, community and spiritual life, as well to offer insights into the admissions and financial aid process. Students who are interested in attending are asked to register online at admissions.nd.edu/ndontheroad a few days prior.

School college counselor Ms. Anne Katz, who is facilitating the event, said she encourages students who are interested to take advantage of this opportunity.