Updated athletic schedule: Week of Jan. 15

Swimming, women’s basketball plan Senior Nights

Hannah Tuttle

The wrestlers will travel to Mason (Ohio) for an invitational on Jan. 20.

Updated Jan. 19 at 12:30 p.m.

Another busy week is on tap for Cathedral athletics as both the swimming and women’s basketball teams celebrate Senior Nights, the wrestling team travels to Ohio for a competitive invite, and the men’s basketball team fights for a City championship.

Jan. 16: The Irish men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams celebrate Senior Night as they take on Roncalli at the IUPUI Natatorium at 5:30. The men’s freshman basketball game against Arsenal Tech that had been scheduled on this day has been canceled due to a lack of a Tech freshman team.

Jan. 17: The freshman women’s basketball team hosts Franklin Central in the auxiliary gym at 6 p.m., while the JV and varsity women’s basketball teams travel to Lafayette to take on Lafayette Central Catholic at 6 and 7:30 p.m.

Jan. 18: The men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams travel take on the Millers at Noblesville at 6 p.m., and Coach Sean McGinley ’88 and the Irish wrestlers march into Yorktown at 6 p.m. The freshman men’s basketball team welcomes Mount Vernon for a game at 6 p.m. while the JV and varsity look to repeat as champions as the City tournament kicks off at home against Broad Ripple at 6 and 7:30 p.m.

Jan. 19: The Irish women’s basketball team celebrates Senior Night as it takes on Indy Trailblazers at home. JV begins at 6 with varsity following at 7:30 p.m.

Jan. 20: The Irish varsity wrestlers travel to Mason (Ohio) to wrestle in an invite at 9 a.m.  Coach Jason Delaney and the men’s basketball teams look to continue through the City tournament, with the semifinal round at Arsenal Tech at 6 against Manual. The men’s junior varsity team plays in the City tournament at Tech at 2 p.m. Also, the men’s and women’s swimming teams participate in the Warren Invite, which begins at 10 a.m. at Warren Central.