Easter egg hunt will take place April 16

More than 6,000 eggs will be hidden on the Hill

Photo submitted

A participant is last year’s Easter egg hunt is egg-cited to add another egg to their basket.

The Alumni Association’s annual Easter egg hunt will take place on Saturday, April 16 on the Hill. Check in begins at 9 a.m. and the hunt begins 15 minutes later. 

Registration is required and may be done online at www.gocathedral.com/easter.

The event is a beloved tradition and fun for all ages. The Alumni Association has hosted this event for decades to bring graduates and their families back to campus. Admission is $5 for everyone over 2 and kids under 2 get in free. Nearly 6,000 eggs — including a few special golden eggs — will be available. 

The outdoor event will include a specific section for each age group. Families will receive an Easter treat bag with donuts, juice and a take home craft for each registered child. Parents are reminded to bring an Easter basket for each child. The Easter Bunny also will make an appearance.

The moderator of this event is Mrs. Jean Smith, who serves as the director of philanthropic engagement. She said, “Without the (National Honor Society) students (the hunt) would be really hard to pull off.” NHS members custom design the bag that the kids will take home. The event planners and the National Honor Society students will transform the path to the football field, where the hunt will be held, into a whimsical Easter-themed entrance. The NHS students will blow bubbles and make the day a memorable experience for the little ones.

Smith said, “I would like the students to know that we would love to have them bring their siblings, cousins and friends and show off what fun looks like here on the Hill.”