Camp Cathedral registration is now open

Annual summer program attracts hundreds to the Hill

Megaphone file photo

An elementary school student participates in a Camp Cathedral session in Cunningham Hall.

Camp Cathedral is a well known experience for elementary and middle school students, with registration for Summer Camp 2022 now open. More than 80 different camps are available and range from STEM to sports.

Kindergarten through ninth graders are invited to the Hill this summer to discover their interests and what is offered here. Director of Summer Programs Mr. Anthony Ernst has organized the annual program for the past eight summers. Ernst noted that many of the students who attend experience Cathedral and the campus for the first time.

“I would recommend Camp Cathedral for any family that is looking for their child to experience growth, enjoyment and learning here on the Hill in so many different avenues that we offer,” Ernst said.

Ernst noted that well over 1,000 students will attend. Each year, new options are added. These camps are operated by current faculty and staff, alumni, what Ernst called “friends of Cathedral” and recent graduates, who serve as general camp staff.

Covid has had an effect on this program. During the 2020-2021 summer camp, Ernst said, “The tone was set for the school year.” The timing of the summer camp allowed teachers and staff to get an idea for what the upcoming school year would look like.

“We do operate a strong Covid protocol regimen, and we hope to be able to get back soon to camp operations as normal, or pre-Covid, in some ways,” Ernst said. He also expressed excitement for the students to see and use the new Innovation Center.

Ernst and others on the Hill look forward to this summer to have students be able to experience opportunities on campus. He gives the advice to “be open and ready to have fun.”

For more information regarding Camp Cathedral, visit https://www.gocathedral.com/on-campus/campcathedral