Sophomores, juniors receive PSAT room assignments

Test will be given on camps on Oct. 13

Macy Llewellyn

Counselor Mr. Martin Kirkwood has released information regarding room assignments for the Oct. 13 PSAT.

Sophomores and juniors will take the PSAT on campus on Oct. 13.

According to counselor Mr. Martin Kirkwood, who coordinates the testing for the day, students should check their school email for a message from him that includes their room assignment. Sophomores and juniors should be in their testing room no later than 8:45 a.m. 

“The PSAT is a test that has a time limit of 3 hours and 45 minutes,” Kirkwood said. “Students who do not receive extra time will be released from their assigned classrooms around 12:30 p.m. and students with extra time will be released at 2:30 p.m. Students are required to be in full uniform the day of the test, including masks and lanyards. Students should make sure to bring plenty of Number-2 pencils and a calculator.”

Kirkwood also mentioned that students should be sure to go to bed early the night before the test and eat a nutritious breakfast. The dining hall will serve breakfast on Oct. 13 and a box lunch will be provided to all students testing with extended time. If students would like to bring a snack, that is allowed as well.

Kirkwood said, “This test should be taken seriously and is good preparation for the future, so make sure to do your best and come prepared on (Oct. 13). It is important to practice and with the supplies needed. Good luck to all students and all students should give their best effort.”