Oct. 14 Open House creates schedule change

All classes will meet for 20 minutes

Megaphone file photo

Vice Principal Mr. Mark Matthews explained the rationale for all classes meeting on Oct. 14.

In order to provide instructional time for classes but also to give teachers and students a chance to prepare for Open House on Oct. 14, all classes will meet that day for 20 minutes. School will begin at the usual start time of 8:45 a.m. but will the day will end at 12:05 p.m.

The annual Open House, which will be in person this year after being virtual last fall due to Covid-19, begins at 5 p.m. with Mass. Visitors to the campus will get to learn more about academics, athletics and extracurriculars and tour the school, including the new Innovation Center and dining hall, with current students serving as tour guides.

According to information posted on the school’s website, “The tradition of the Cathedral Open House returns to the Hill as we celebrate excellence and highlight our students’ experiences in academics, activities, athletics, service and more. Explore our beautiful, 40-acre campus, meet students, teachers, and coaches, and be one of the first families to tour our new Innovation Center.”

Mr. Mark Matthews, assistant principal for academics, said, “We need teachers and students to set up for Open House and have time to get home and come back if needed.” The altered schedule for Oct. 14 will allow this to occur.