Administration releases next year’s school calendar

First day for students is scheduled for Aug. 12

After much thought and consideration, the 2021-2022 school calendar has now been finalized and announced. The administration has put into place important dates for classes and breaks for next school year.

The first day school for students will be on Thursday, Aug. 12, which is one day earlier than when the 2020-2021 year began. Fall break will be Oct. 21 and 22, marking the end of the first quarter. The raffle free day will be on Oct. 20. Thanksgiving break will take place from Nov. 24 through Nov. 26. The first semester will conclude with the start of Christmas break beginning on Dec. 20.

Wrapping up the end of Christmas break, the second semester will begin on Jan. 4, 2022. A couple of months later on March 28, spring break will proceed until April 4. Graduation for the Class of 2022 will be held on May 22. The last day of school for freshmen, sophomores and juniors will be on May 26.

The 2021-2022 school calendar was created by Principal Mrs. Julie Barthel, along with the rest of the academic leadership team. “The calendar is very similar,” Barthel said in reference to the current school year.

Barthel noted that the academic leadership team is still working on the daily schedule for next year in order to ensure that students have a successful year.