Campus ministry director shares her retirement plans

Mrs. Witka says she will miss everything about Cathedral

Ella Glaser

Director of campus ministry Mrs. Charlene Witka shared her thoughts about her retirement at the end of the school year.

Director of Campus Ministry Mrs. Charlene Witka has decided to retire after 20 years of serving the school. As the director, she is responsible for includes retreats, liturgies and prayer services, service outreach and mission trips.

Along with these numerous spiritual activities also serves as the co-moderator for Project Irish and Lifesavers, which is the school’s Pro Life group.

Witka may leave the campus, but she will always have a special place in the lives of the students whose hearts she touched.

Witka said, “I am retiring to spend more time with my children and grandchildren and taking some time to see what is in store for the next chapter my life brings to me.”

She said the elements she will miss most is not being with students every day, participating in retreats and liturgies and working alongside Mrs. Sara Bozzelli-Levine and Mrs. Shannon Fox ‘80, who are also a part of the campus ministry team.

“Honestly, I will miss everything,” she said.

She added that she has so many great memories from her two decades of service, but her favorite ones are directing all the retreats. She said that she has a passion for conducting the retreats and watching the transformation of minds and hearts.

In her absence, she hopes students will take away the knowledge to “believe that they are loved by God and what a gift the Cathedral experience has been for them. We have seen a greater participation in retreats and our all-school liturgies. I am so proud of our Liturgy Committee. I also hope that they will live out the Holy Cross core value of zeal, making God known loved and served,” she said.

Witka said, “My heart is full with the love of each and every person at Cathedral over the past 20 years. Cathedral, I will miss all of you. You will all be in my prayers and I ask for your prayers as I begin this new chapter of my journey. Let’s journey together.”