SLC is the place to be

Ernst provides preview of upcoming spring events

Mad

The Shiel Student Life Center serves as the social hub of the campus.

The Shiel Student Life Center is an all around great place to spend your time, whether you’re taking a quick break, playing ping pong or grabbing a quick snack. Often an event or show takes place there that you can either watch or take part in. Social studies teacher Mr. Anthony Ernst, who serves as the student activities director, provides a preview of the upcoming spring events that will be taking place in the SLC. 

Ernst also is the faculty moderator for the Student Life Council and helps guide the members as they plan events and activities. The Student Life Council provides fun and social activities on campus that invite the entire school and faculty to come together. They act as an ongoing facilitator for recommendations from the student body to administrators. The county system, after school movies and video game tournaments were put into place with input from the Student Life Council.

Upcoming events include video game tournaments on March 4, March 25 and April 22. Coming up on March 12 at 7 p.m. is the the annual Coffee House Jam, which include concert-type performances by students. Ernst said, “Each of the events that are hosted are annual and that we have been doing these for a long time.”

The Council tries to come up with some new ideas every year, but he said that they are always open and looking for  suggestions and event ideas. If ideas, contact members of the Student Life Council. Ernst said that the members of Student Life Council look forward to the opportunity that provides the students to participate in activities and show their talents outside of the classroom.